JUVÉDERM® DERMAL FILLER
JUVÉDERM® is the #1 doctor recommended facial filler in Canada. It is a smooth, replenishing injectable gel filler that your cosmetic doctor uses to refresh your appearance by smoothing away unwanted lines and wrinkles, bringing back the natural contours of your face.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FACIAL REJUVENATION?
JUVÉDERM® is an effective, non-surgical option for refreshing your appearance. Currently, there are several varieties of facial fillers on the market, but the patented formulation in JUVÉDERM® offers you the following facial rejuvenation benefits:
- Smooth, natural looking results: JUVÉDERM® contains smooth consistency gel. The smooth formulation of JUVÉDERM® provides results that look and feel very natural
- Clinically proven to last up to a year with a single treatment
- Comfortable treatment experience: JUVÉDERM® contains lidocaine — an effective localized pain reliever. This formulation provides a gentle injection experience, so you can feel greater comfort during and after treatment
- Immediate results! JUVÉDERM® provides an instant improvement in the areas treated. Most patients require only one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing or volume enhancement
- Quick and easy procedure. Unlike a face lift, JUVÉDERM® is a non-surgical, healthcare professional-administered treatment that can generally be performed in only 15 to 60 minutes (depending on the areas treated) with minimal recovery or downtime
- Reversible and biodegradable. A further advantage of JUVÉDERM® is that the treatment is reversible. If you don’t like the results, you can return to your pre-filler appearance. HA fillers are biodegradable, meaning the gel breaks down over time and disappears, unnoticed, from your body
- Proven effective. JUVÉDERM® has been approved by Health Canada!
WHAT DOES THE JUVÉDERM® FAMILY INCLUDE?
The JUVÉDERM® family includes:
- JUVÉDERM® VOLIFT® with lidocaine for smile lines
- JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA® with lidocaine for lip enhancement
- JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA® with lidocaine for facial volume enhancement/rejuvenation
- JUVÉDERM® ULTRA™ and ULTRA PLUS™ XC with lidocaine for mouth and nose area
- The addition of lidocaine in all of these JUVÉDERM® products means that you are more comfortable during and after your treatment
The exclusive formulation of JUVÉDERM® uses hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally-occurring sugar found in your body. It combines with the water in your skin to instantly smooth lines and wrinkles, enhance lips, and restore lost volume to the cheeks and jaw-line. In fact, hyaluronic acid facial fillers can even naturally stimulate collagen production in your skin.
JUVÉDERM® is made of hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the body and retains water under the skin to smooth away lines, restore lost volume and maintain skin hydration. Much like a sponge, its primary function is to bind and absorb water, which creates volume in the face. In fact, hyaluronic acid can absorb more than 1,000 times its weight – acting like a super sponge under your skin. Hyaluronic acid can be thought of as the body’s internal moisturizer. As the skin ages and is exposed to environmental pollutants and ultraviolet rays, the cells lose the ability to produce hyaluronic acid. As a result, the skin begins to lose volume, often resulting in the formation of facial wrinkles and folds.
JUVÉDERM® achieves facial rejuvenation by replacing hyaluronic acid lost over time, smoothing lines, restoring lost skin volume, and keeping your skin hydrated. Best of all, the results are instantaneous, look natural, and may last up to a year with no downtime.
FIND THE RIGHT JUVÉDERM® PRODUCT
At Vivacité Laser & Medispa, we offer both categories of JUVÉDERM® products: Regular JUVÉDERM® such as Ultra & Ultra Plus, and Premium JUVÉDERM® such as VOLUMA®, VOLBELLA® and VOLIFT®.
Both categories meet all cosmetic requirements however, most clients prefer to invest in the premium line as it is less hydrophilic and tends to last longer.
Schedule an appointment with one of our qualified Medical Professionals today!
WHAT ARE THE CONSIDERATIONS?
Your Injector will ask about your medical history to determine if JUVÉDERM® products are appropriate for you.
Tell your Doctor/NP if you have:
- Severe allergies with a history of anaphylaxis, multiple severe allergies, allergies to hyaluronic acid or other filler products, or allergies to lidocaine or other local anesthetics
- A history of autoimmune disease, recurrent sore throats, rheumatic fever, epilepsy, or porphyria
The following are important treatment considerations for you to discuss with your doctor before treatment in order to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications:
- You are currently taking medications which prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or anticoagulants, as with any injection, you may experience prolonged bleeding. You should inform your doctor about any medications you are currently taking
- You have recently had other skin surface treatments (such as laser treatment, skin peels, or dermabrasion) or have previously used fillers
- You have skin infections or inflammation such as acne or cold sores
- You scar frequently
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding, or you are under the age of 18 years (under the age of 21 years if treating the lips), as the safety of JUVÉDERM® products has not been established
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Potential side effects associated with JUVÉDERM® products include temporary injection-site reactions such as redness, swelling, itching, pain, firmness, bumps, bruising, and discolouration. These reactions may occur immediately or may be delayed, and may last for up to a week. Injection in the lip may cause more swelling and bruising due to the unique physiology of this area. As with any injection, there is a risk of infection. These risks will be discussed with you, by one of our medical team, during your visit and prior to treatment. If inflammatory reactions persist for more than one week, or if any other side effects develop, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
IS THERE ANY DOWNTIME?
Most people return to work or go about their normal daily activities immediately after treatment. We recommend avoiding strenuous activity for the remainder of the day. Concealer makeup can be used if you experience bruising.
WHO ARE THE BEST CANDIDATES?
Good candidates for this procedure include those with deep facial lines, hollowed facial features due to fat loss, and those who wish to restore the size and/or shape of their lips.
Call today to book your complimentary consultation with one of our Medical Professionals!